HOW TO TIE A NECKTIE
1. Start with the wide end of the tie on the right and the small end on the left. Begin with the small end slightly above your belly-button (will vary depending on your height and the length & thickness of your tie). Only move the active (wide) end.
2. Wide end over the small end to the left
3. Under the small end and to the right
4. Across the front and to the left
5. Up into the neck loop from underneath
6. Down through the loop you've just made in the front
7. Tighten the knot by pulling down on the wide end. Slide the knot up & adjust.
HOW TO TIE A BOW TIE
1. Start with the bow tie lying face up. Adjust the bow tie so right side is shorter than the left. The end on the left will be referred to as A and the end on the right will be referred to as B.
2. Move A to the right side, across B.
3. Bring A under B and up through the neck loop.
4. At the joint, fold B towards the right and then towards the left to create a the bow shape.
5. Bring A straight down over the middle of the bow shape that was made with B.
6. Fold A back towards the chest and pinch the fold.
7. Push the pinched end (A) through the loop behind B.
8. Pull on the folded parts of the bow to tighten.
9. Adjust until balanced on both sides.